Berater (m/f/d) für den Pflegeunterricht
Bezeichnung: Development Worker (m/f/d) as advisor for nursing instruction at Health Science College in Nekemte/Ethiopia
Anbieter: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ GmbH
Internetseite des Anbieters: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=39917
Vorraussetzungen: Licensed nursing instructor / registered nurse with additional qualification in pedagogy (m/f/d)
Einstellung ab: 12/01/2018
Einstellungsdauer: 12/01/2018 - 02/28/2021
Ort der Arbeitsstätte: Nekemte/Ethiopia
Stelle an der RUB: nein
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
For our operations in Nekemte/Ethiopia, we are looking for an
Development Worker (m/f/d) as advisor for nursing instruction at Health Science College in Nekemte/Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Government has invested significantly in the health sector to improve health care at all levels. Biomedical equipment is increasingly used whereby its application shall be part of the training of health professionals. However, pre- and in-service training is not yet focusing on practical aspects and much biomedical equipment in hospitals is not used and maintained adequately. The Nekemte Health Science College has started to apply interactive teaching in various specialized fields but wishes to expand this further with a special focus on the practical application of biomedical equipment for nurses. By supporting their training, nurses and other health staff will gain experience and competence to properly use and apply biomedical equipment at bedside and thus improve health care in the region.
- Advising the Health Science College with regards to organization of the practical training at the college and the practical training in associated hospitals (Nekemte Regional Referral Hospital and selected others training sites)
- Advising on the selection of appropriate training equipment
- Design of complementary training components for nurses on appropriate use of biomedical equipment (e.g. suction unit, thermal bed for newborns, tocograph)
- Design of training components for continuous education of the College’s teaching staff in didactics
- Further development of the already existing preceptor training (designed by Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics - JHPIEGO) for the instruction of clinical preceptors and development
- Supervision of teaching of other instructors and occasional teaching of nursing students (“leading by positive example”)
- Fostering network formation among local/regional stakeholders involved in nursing education
- Contributing to monitoring and knowledge management, therefore working closely with the GIZ Program as well as the college management and the regional health authorities
- Licensed nursing instructor / registered nurse with additional qualification in pedagogy (m/f/d)
- Long-standing practical working experience as a nurse plus many years of teaching experience, including design of training components
- A strong propensity for teaching
- Enjoying supporting and fostering the professional growth of national instructor team members in a local environment
- Good written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the local language (Oromo) would be an asset, but a minimum is a willingness to learn it
- Good communication skills, intercultural competence, diplomatic skills and a genuine interest in development cooperation
- Overseas working experience, in particular in a low/middle income country is an asset, especially working experience in Ethiopia
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 11/28/2018. For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=39917 You can find this job under the Job-ID P1525V050.