Rules for document certification
What does the AStA certify?
The AStA of the Ruhr University Bochum certifies documents and certificates, which:
- Were issued by a university or are appropriate/used for submission at a university
- Are available as an original or certified copy
Generally, the AStA does not certify:
- Civil status documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, IDs etc.)
How Can I Have my Documents Certified?
You have to hand in the documents you want to have certified in the AStA Secretariat – both as an original and a copy. We can only certify 5 copies of a document per day.
At the earliest, the certified documents are ready in the afternoon of the following day.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of the high filing rate before certain deadlines (e. g. January 15th, March 15th, July 15th and September 15th) it can take longer!
We tell you when you can collect your documents on site, but please count in 2-3 days to be sure.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR ID AT HAND WHEN YOU COME TO COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS!
If a third person comes to collect your documents, you have to fill out a mandate in the secretariat!
Fees for Certifications in the AStA
Fees per certification: 1,00 €
The certification fee has to be paid at collection of the documents.
Recognition of our Certifications
Unfortunately, some universities do not recognize documents certified in the AStA. We do not know this exactly about every university, so please tell us, if you come across a case like this. Thank you!
To our knowledge, this includes:
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- TU Berlin
- Universität Gießen
- Universität Duisburg-Essen
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Universität Konstanz
- Bergische Universität Wuppertal (they recognize documents certified by their own AStA)
- Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaft und Kunst Göttingen
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Hochschule Bochum
- Hochschule Ruhr West, Mülheim
These universities only recognize documents certified by OFFICIAL parties, e.g. by Citizens’ Offices or notaries!